Races

Friday, December 13, 2013

Foto Friday

Happy Friday, everyone. 
I ran my 3 Peaks trail run today. I named this run after the 3 Peaks challenge in Wales, where you run over 3 mountains and sail in between them. I've never participated in the challenge but it sounds pretty cool. My run in English Harbor is a lot shorter than theirs, and actually includes 5 hills, but I like the name. The run takes me up over Crack Alley, through Falmouth Harbor, up the hill behind Abra's, up and down the Goat Trail path to Pigeon Beach, up the new road at Windward Beach, back to the harbor and finally over the North Sails Hill. I'm sure all of these roads have actual names, but no one knows them. A few years ago there was a crime committed on Crack Alley (other than the selling of crack) and in the official investigation interviews with police they referenced it as Crack Alley, none of the officers knew the real street name. It is actually a very pretty road with a big church, a few local BBQs and some guys who jam on electric guitars at night. 
It was a really good run, right at sunset so it was nice and cool. The sky was on fire with pink clouds. I finally felt like I had some speed in my legs and felt strong on the hills. Hills are definitely the best way to get back into shape after a long time at sea. 

I'm going to keep it pretty short today and give you a little glimpse of where I live in Antigua.
This is the view from the top of the goat trail (peak 3 of 5)

 A mango stand on Fig Tree Drive

 Maracas the locals make and paint and sell to tourists

Boys playing soccer at Pigeon Beach

 A sign at the Life Bar. In honor of Friday night

Sunset at Falmouth Harbor

No comments:

Post a Comment